6 Benefits Of Double Glazing Your Windows And Doors
Are you interested in creating a more energy-efficient and productive atmosphere in your home? Double-glazing your windows and doors could be your answer. A reputable double-glazed windows Melbourne manufacturer can assist you throughout the process, from consultation to post-installation support. This article discusses the advantages of double-glazing, highlighting why you should consider it for your home or business. Before we dig into the benefits, we’ll touch on how the installation plays out and what to expect from a service provider.
The Double-Glazing Technique
Double-glazing is a technique we use to insulate windows and doors, whether residential or commercial. Your installer will use two panes of glass instead of one, separating them by a layer of air or gas.
Here’s how you can expect a general double-glazing uPVC windows procedure to go:
- Removal of the old windows, doors, or both
- Cleaning of the frame and prep for the new glazing
- Measuring the double-glazed units and cutting them to fit your frames
- Inserting your new double-glazed unit into the empty frame, filling any minuscule gaps around the edges with sealant
- Placing the new door or window into the original position
Double-glazing works in new and old buildings and homes. It’s an ideal option for those looking to make bold, budget-saving improvements in a short amount of time.
The Undeniable Benefits of Double-Glazing
Every well-utilised area can benefit from uPVC windows double-glazed. In this section, we’ll explain why the Astellite team frequently recommends double-glazing to every client that comes our way!
- Energy Perks: Double-glazing reduces heat loss from the interior areas of your home or business and provides a layer of insulation between indoor and outdoor environments. This insulating layer keeps cold temperatures from affecting the climate inside. Your home loses up to 50 percent of its heat via windows and doors, and adding double-glazed panes can significantly reduce that loss. Similar to how that insulating layer keeps cold air out, it massively affects the impact of warm weather on the interior temperature. Your home or commercial facility will be cooler in the summer, so you’ll use your heating and cooling system less. The result will be an elevated level of energy efficiency and lower utility bills.
- Noise Reduction: Double-glazed windows uPVC offer significant noise reduction, so you’ll live in a more peaceful and comfortable environment regardless of what you’re doing. Unwanted external sounds can impact your productivity negatively, and that insulation from the double panes helps decrease those distractions. If you live, work, or both in a bustling location, double-glazing is a fantastic option.
- Increased Security: Most people prefer that their homes are protected from the threat of break-ins, and double-glazed uPVC windows can help! Two panes are harder to break than one, and uPVC is exceptionally durable. The locking mechanisms on double-glazed windows and doors are more solid than their traditional aluminium or wood counterparts.
- Reduce Fading: Those ultraviolet sun rays feel fantastic but can easily fade furniture, carpets, and other decor via unintentional heat damage. Double-glazing cuts back on the amount of UV light that can enter your space. It immediately reduces the number of UV rays in your home, thereby increasing the longevity of your furnishings, at least from a light and heat damage perspective.
- Condensation Control: It’s time for a brief but necessary science lesson. Condensation forms when warm air cools. When it comes to your windows and doors, the moisture in the air condenses on the glass. This cooling brings about significant amounts of water and usually results in mould. Double-glazing reduces condensation due to the innermost pane of glass remaining warmer. Because of this, it’s harder for moisture to form.
- Improved Aesthetics: It never hurts to enhance the appearance of your home or business, and double-glazed windows and doors are up for the task. With a range of styles and finishes available, you can reap the endless benefits of windows with double-glazing while improving the look of your space.
Bring Double-Glazing to Your Residential or Commercial Space
If you’re excited to move forward and bring double-glazing to your home or business, you can adhere to the following steps to get started.
- Research: Start by researching your local options. Look for reputable companies like Astellite, who offer high-quality, customisable products and stellar installation services.
- Quotes: It never hurts to contact more than one company for a quote. Inquire about specific products, how the installation process works, and warranties.
- Choose a Company: Work with a double-glazing provider that meets your needs and budget. Once chosen, they’ll typically send someone to take measurements and assess your windows and doors.
From there, you’ll determine installation and payment plans. Your business or home will have double-glazed windows in no time, and you’ll begin to feel the positive effects immediately.
Astellite: Your Double-Glazing Provider
Double-glazing offers many advantages for homes and businesses. It’s an excellent investment for anyone who wants to improve their living or working environment. Locating a reputable, knowledgeable company is half the battle.
The Astellite team will be with you every step of the way. We excel in every aspect of the process, including experience, products, installation, pricing, and exceptional customer service. We can’t wait to help you get the most from your windows and doors. If you’re ready to level up by double-glazing, contact us today for more information!